Monday, October 28, 2013

{31 Days To organize the "hidden" areas of your home} Day 28~ Kid's Hand-me-downs

 After I had my first baby, I did what most moms do when that cute little one grew out of her baby clothes- I put them in storage for the next baby. Little did I know it would be 14 years before the next little baby girl joined our family. I was really glad I kept all of the baby clothes I had  because we only had seven weeks notice before baby number 2 was born and came home with us. The easiest way that I found to store hand-me-downs is again...Rubbermaid tubs. They are large enough to hold all of the outfits that I had for each size and they kept everything clean and dry. Every piece of clothing was in the same condition as it was when it went into the bucket 14 years before. I wrote the size on both sides so it was easily identified. After baby number 2 grew out of the clothing, we packed it back up into the bucket and now grand-baby number 1 is enjoying the same like-new clothing that her mommy and aunt wore. It did cost a few bucks for the container but we have saved much much more than we spent by getting so much use out of these beautiful little outfits.  


No comments: