Saturday, October 12, 2013

{31 Days To organize the "hidden" areas of your home} Day 12~ Kids Toys

 I wish I could say that my kids toys are always a hidden thing but they are not. So if they can't be hidden at least they can be organized. I am using Legos as an example but I like to do this with all toys. We decided to sort our Legos by type (2's, 4's, 8's etc) into individual buckets. Some of these I purchased at the dollar store and some are recycled ice cream containers. We put a book shelf in Abi's room to hold it all. Specialty pieces have their own smaller divided containers. This makes it really easy to find pieces when we want to build something and the top is a nice place to display her creations. We also store barbies, Polly pockets, and other toys this way. Getting Abi to keep the toys stored this way all the time....that's another story. 



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was constantly organizing and sorting Amelia's toys. She was a messy! Zachary on the other hand, he was super-organized by the time he was 3 or 4 years old. He has every tiny piece of every action figure he's ever had.

Kristin said...

Gavin and Owen tried sorting all of their Legos by color. It took them several days to get them all sorted out...and then we decided it was too much trouble to keep them that way. They just have too many Legos to keep them all separated! Thankfully, that is one toy that they are happy to keep track of without my reminding them.

Jodi-Marie said...

We started to sort them by color but that was a little OCD even for me. And it would take too much effort to keep them that way. By type was easier and it is easy to find the pieces we need to build something. Joanne- Britni was my messy. Abi seems to keep things mostly picked up. In her room at least, the toy loft is another story.