Tuesday, October 15, 2013

{31 Days To organize the "hidden" areas of your home} Day 15~ Kids' Clothing

Abi's room is not very big so in order to give her more room to play we decided not to put another piece of furniture in her room to take up space. I had Dan install two wire shelves in her double closet and we added plastic buckets that are labeled so she can easily put her things away. I wanted this to be an easy system for her to be able to manage on her own. I do occasionally have to go in and straighten up the buckets. To have the extra floor space in a small room was worth giving up the dresser. 
 We left enough space so hanging things can still be hung above the buckets. I decided to hang her shoes in a shoe bag on the back of the bedroom door. I think this would work well if you had multiple kids sharing a room. Not having dressers leaves more room for the beds and play space in a small room. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep these good ideas coming! I am going to share this idea with my son. The twins' room is so small, they may want to take out the dresser.

Kristin said...

We do have dresses in our kids' rooms, but we still utilize the closet space, too. My girls have a shoe bag on their door and I should get one for my boys because their shoes are taking over the closet (possibly because they don't like to keep them together!). I try to keep their clothing organized, but I always feel like we're one step away from the clothes taking over!