Thursday, October 4, 2012

{31 Days to a Stress-Free Christmas} Day 4~Consider Handcrafted Gifts


I love to receive homemade gifts. Why? Because the real gift was not just the handcrafted item that I received, the real blessing is that someone used their precious time to make something for me





"But.....I don't do crafts"

Giving a homemade gift doesn't mean you have to be an accomplished seamstress or know how to crochet or knit. It may be a little risky to attempt something new but there are so many things that can be put together to make a gift you can be proud of. The products available these days are so much easier to use and more accessible at local craft stores than in the past. 

Ideas Ideas Ideas

Where to find ideas for homemade gifts? If you are reading this there is a whole craft world at your fingers.....the Internet. You can simply Google homemade Christmas gifts and come up with tons of ideas. My favorite site for anything, lately, is Pinterest. You have to be sent an invitation to join, but it is free and has great ideas for just about anything. It also provides a place to store all these wonderful ideas in one convenient place. 

How do I chose what to make?

The first thing in choosing what to make is to look at a picture of the item and read the directions. If they leave you saying, "huh"? than that is probably not the craft for you, no matter how cute it is. You know your skill levels so pick something you would be comfortable doing, not something that makes you sweat by just reading the instructions. 

This is also one way that I avoid those Budget Busters from Day 2. Over the years, I have found that I can make a nicer gift for less money than I would spend to buy something of the same quality. 

Piqued your interest?...check back tomorrow for some of my favorite "Stress Free" gift ideas.

No comments: