Saturday, October 6, 2012

{31 Days to a Stress-Free Christmas} Day 6~ Consider Handcrafted Gifts Pt. 3





I often like to take the stress out of what to get people on my list by thinking of a "themed" gift basket. I have done baskets for individuals as well as for families. Below I have listed some of my favorite "Themed" gift basket ideas. 



Spa Basket- Purchase or make bath salts, manicure supplies, lotions, & candles. Put                             everything in a pretty basket and attach a pretty bow.
Chocolate Lover's Basket- Purchase or make gourmet chocolates, fancy chocolate tea cookies etc. & wrap in a decorative box lined with tissue paper
Garden Lover's Basket- Purchase garden gloves, seeds,bulbs, hand trowels, garden statuary & arrange it in a large flower pot.
Book Lover's Basket- Purchase bookmarks, bookplates, book light. I have purchased books if I know the reading preferences, if not, I have tucked in a book store gift card.
Kitchen Gadgets Basket- Purchase an assortment of kitchen gadgets & tea towels and put them in a colander.
A Great gift for Father's Day, family get-togethers or your favorite movie buff!  Basket may include DVDs, microwave or gourmet flavored popcorn, soda, movie candy or chips.  GLAM UP YOUR BASKET with Blockbuster or movie theater gift cards.Tea or Coffee Lover's Basket- Purchase an assortment of specialty teas/coffee, sugar cubes, and mugs. 
Movie Night Basket- Purchase Popcorn and put in a large Mason jar, add some popcorn seasonings, a 6 pack of bottled soda, and a great family movie or two.
Christmas Morning Basket- Add Pancake mix, canned ham, real maple syrup, mini-muffins, coffee.
Car Care Basket- Purchase car wash soap, car wax, armor all, air-fresheners, tire cleaner, & chamois 
Thank your hosts with this enjoyable "Taste of St. Louis" pasta basket.  This basket may include: Taste of the Hill Marinara Sauce, Taste of the Hill Salad Dressing, Pasta, Bread Sticks, Gourmet Olive Oil, parmesan cheese, pasta fork, colander and pretty linen napkins.  GLAM UP YOUR BASKET with a gift certificate to an Italian restaurant or a bottle of wine.Dinner Basket- Purchase a gourmet jar of spaghetti sauce, spaghetti, hot roll mix, and put it all in a stainless steel colander.

This past Christmas I gave each of my teenage nieces a "Party in a Box". For one of them,  I put a popular board game in a large box and added all sorts of snacks and party invitations. For the other I put all sorts of manicure items, nail art kits, invitations & snacks. On the out side of the box I wrote "Party in a box...Just add friends". They both loved them. I especially love the "family" baskets. One large gift for everyone means less time spent in the stores which means less stress. 

No comments: