Saturday, October 27, 2012

{31 Days to a Stress-Free Christmas} Day 26~ Ornament Storage



After years of storing our Christmas decorations in boxes I decided a few years ago to purchase Rubbbermaid storage tubs. Depending on how many ornaments and decorations you have this could be quite a significant purchase. I started in October by purchasing a container every few weeks so I had enough when the time came to take down the tree. Under the bed storage boxes are great for the ornaments. Larger tubs store things like our Nativity set and Advent supplies. I label each container with a sharpie marker of its content. Not only do these containers stack really well in the basement but nothing gets squished and broken. Most importantly, the year our basement leaked everything stayed nice and dry. By spreading the purchases out over several weeks it is easier on the budget. What tips do you have for storing Christmas decorations? Leave me a comment- I'd love to hear what others do. 
Rubbermaid Latchtopper 24-1/2-by-12-1/2-by-16-1/2-Inch Ornament Box #8580

No comments: