Tuesday, October 2, 2012

{31 Days to a Stress-Free Christmas} Day 2~ Avoiding Budget Busters



Budget Busters....

Most people love to look at all the great retail displays in the stores at Christmas time. The end-caps of each aisle are filled with adorable "add-ons" that would be perfect for grandma, great-aunt Marge, or your pampered "pooch".

The best way I have found to avoid those impulse budget busters begins with the list we made on day 1. After I make my master gift giving list, I take a moment and decide how much money to spend on each person. I usually have a dollar amount that I want to spend for all the gifts I have to purchase. I then begin to divide that up between those on my list, adjusting amounts as needed. 

By keeping that "pocket" list with me when I shop, I know who I have left to purchase a gift for. When I see that I have already purchased a gift for great-aunt Marge this year, I am able to muster the strength to walk on by the display of chocolate covered peanut butter what-nots in the re-usable Christmas tree jar..... hmmm... but then again there is that lady down the street.... 


Stick to the list!




No comments: