Monday, October 29, 2012

{31 Days to a Stress-Free Christmas} Day 29~ Holiday Reading

Over the years, I have enjoyed collecting Children's Christmas books. In the past, I have put them in several baskets under the tree and we casually read them over the month of December. Last year, someone shared an idea that I am planning on surprising Abi with this year. One of the things that kids look forward to at Christmas time is unwrapping the gifts. This year instead of just putting the books in the baskets I am going to wrap them first. Then Abi can have the thrill of opening a "present" each day and the "surprise" of which story we will read. I need to add a few more books to my collection this year. 
This is one that we will be adding this year.."You Are My Miracle by Maryann Cusimano Love. This is a heartwarming Christmas tale written in rhyme illustrating the bond between a parent and their child. Mama Bear starts by saying to her little one "I am your Parent, you are my child, I am your quiet place, you are my wild." Each page continues with the example of how our children complete us as parents and how they need our strong security. By the end I was in tears cuddling my little "Miracle". Taking a few minutes a day to cuddle with Abi and read a fun book is such a nice way to relax and de-stress for both of us. What are your families favorite Christmas Children's books? Leave me some ideas in the comments section! 

No comments: