Thursday, August 15, 2013

Feeling Like Fall

With the cooler temperatures today I was really feeling like something "Fallish", so for dessert tonight I made a really yummy yet very healthy Quick Baked Apple. I usually don't use my microwave for anything more than steaming vegetables or re-heating leftovers but I do use it for Quick Baked Apples. 

In a Ziploc bag add 1 apple, cored and sliced
1/4 tsp cornstarch and a few shakes of cinnamon.
You can also add a small handful of raisins or dried cranberries.
Zip the bag but leave a small opening in the zip-top
for steam to vent. 


Microwave for 2 minutes and then dump in a bowl.
(I added a few dark chocolate chips at this point)

And what's dessert without a small splurge of real whipped cream?

So "Fallish"......................So easy...........................So good!

1 comment:

The Tablescaper said...

This looks so easy and delicious. Why not link to Seasonal Sundays this week?

- The Tablescaper