Sunday, February 10, 2013

Latest Quilt-Sophia

I finished a new quilt today. I made this for my cousins baby girl. I have always wanted to do a brown and pink themed quilt. I found this pattern on Pinterest and I just had to try it out. It uses charms squares to make a 9-patch block. Then you cut the block in half length- wise and width-wise. You are left with 4 new blocks. I arranged them with the small square in the top left position when I put it together but it can really be done any way you want. Because this is a baby quilt I made it 5 blocks wide by 6 blocks long. I added a light cocoa sashing. It is quilted using free motion quilting with a meandering pattern in dark brown thread. The binding is a dark brown mottled print. The backing is an all over brown fleur de lis on a light pink background. I have named it Sophia after the beautiful little blessing that I made it for. 


No comments: