Thursday, December 27, 2012

Blog Designing

I love visiting blogs. There are so many creative people out there and their blogs look amazing. Yes- I have blog envy. So I have decided to try my hand at redesigning my blog. I  decided to warn people ahead of time because I will probably mess things up quite a bit before it's finished. So please pardon my mess progress! This is my first attempt to make a collage on picmonkey. I was surprised how easy it was. Maybe there is hope for me yet! 


Summer 2012 Rehoboth Beach Sand Castle Contest

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Your blog looks great so far! Tweaking can be a lot of fun and you'll build confidence quickly once you start, I think.

Jodi-Marie said...

Thanks Kristin- I have added a post divider since you stopped by. I am in the process of creating a blog button. I did one for the 31 days of blogging but can't remember how to do it. I did have fun learning new things. The biggest pain I have is adding pictures. When I upload them from my computer I can't seem to place them on the blog page. They don't want to move where I want them. The picmonkey collages worked well but I don't want everything to be a collage. oh well. can't have everything!

Unknown said...

Either you decide to design your own blog or hire a professional, it is imperative for your blog to visually stand out. It's natural for viewers to judge your blog based on its design. Although the content of your blog is, of course, more important, there is still a need to woo your viewers to catch their interest and make them keep coming back for more. Two tips I can give you are readability and typography on your site. Use texts that are easy to read and text elements that have a different look and feel to lend a meaningful purpose to the content.

Darryl Tay