Sunday, November 18, 2012

Slow Cooker Sunday's

Well... last week came with a flurry of craziness including a trip to the ER so my wonderful husband took me out for a cozy dinner after church therefore....no slow cooker Sunday. This week I needed another quick to put together recipe using what I had on hand so I turned to my favorite low-carb cookbook. Today we enjoyed Carolina Crock Pork. This recipe usually calls for a pork shoulder roast but I used boneless pork ribs today and it was just as delicious. The recipe also instructs you to brown the roast before you put it in the crock-pot, which I usually do, however I didn't know how the ribs would hold up to the browning so I skipped that step. I honestly couldn't tell any difference. When the roast is done it can be shredded and served on your favorite sandwich rolls. Bon Appetit!




 Carolina Crock Pork

1 Tbs. Olive Oil
1 1/2 pounds pork shoulder roast
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 tsp dry mustard
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup tomato paste ( I used a 6 oz. can)
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar

In a skillet, heat the olive oil and brown the pork roast on all sides. Place in a Crock-Pot with remaining ingredients. Cook on high for 5 to 7 hours or on low for 8 to 9 hours. When done, shred with two forks and serve with Crock-pot juices.



No comments: