Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bathroom Make-over

I don't know about you but when November rolls around I start getting the make-over bug. I love to spruce up the place a bit before we decorate for Christmas. Some years it is just simple organizing or a small change like new curtains or simply rearranging furniture. This year the bug has bitten hard. I decided to start with the bathroom because I actually started changing things a bit last spring. I should have taken before and after shots but I didn't think about that until I finished. (I will do before and after shots of the other rooms when I do them later this week)
before Christmas decor 
another before shot
These are pictures I took a few years back when I made new shower and window curtains to change it for Christmas. The wall color is a light sage green, which I kept, and I white-washed the vanity and medicine cabinet a few years before this picture was taken. (It will give you the basic idea.)

The Reveal....


The Pictures really don't do it justice.The berry vine above the window was my inspiration piece. I purchased the "Berry Vine" shower and window curtains from The Country House last spring. I found the wall cling at an Amish market last summer....His Love Endures Forever...
We added wrought iron hooks in place of towel bars beside the sink and behind the door. 
This is my favorite find. I have been looking for months for something to put towels in. You'll never guess where I found this little retro cabinet...
.......My basement! It was left here by the previous owners when we bought the house 7 years ago. It was behind another cabinet. My husband noticed it and pulled it out. The bottom was a light cream color and was rusty. I sanded it down and we found a spray paint that was the perfect color. The top is agate, which is a perfect complement to the agate shelf I had purchased last year. (It is hanging above) I love the handles!
 I found this little wooden shelf at a yard sale a few weeks ago for $2 and bought it without having a use for it. But for $2 I couldn't pass it up. You can't see it but the stacked boxes on top are actually a lamp that I found at the Christmas Tree Shop on our trip to Lancaster in October. Live. Love. Laugh.









Abi helped me take down the medicine cabinet and in
its place we put up an antique mirror that my mom gave me years ago. I had it in my bathroom at our old house and it has only taken me 6 1/2  years to put it up. The vanity was originally a light oak color which I white washed when we moved in. I matched the color of the gingham in the curtains and painted away. 

I still have some more to do like add some more art work. I think it is so much prettier in person but you'll just have to stop by sometime and see for yourself. 

Next up.....Project Abi's Room......
                                            Stay Tuned!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice makeover! I like projects where I can use what I have or get the supplies very cheap. I like to redecorate/makeover the house in the fall too. Why is that? Maybe we're "nesting" and getting ready to hibernate all winter. :)

sagegrayson.com

Jodi-Marie said...

Thanks Sage- I think I'm a late bloomer- instead of Spring cleaning etc. the fall just gets me energized and ready to have things look nice before the holidays- Posting Abi's room later today- can't wait