Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow of 2010





Well, I thought I should blog about our winter weather. This year we have had several snow storms, which is uncommon in our area. We do get some snow each winter but it usually amounts to 3-5 inches and is cleared off the roads within a day. This year we have had a major snow storm two weekends in a row. I have not measured this weekend yet, but last weekend we got 9 inches of snow and probably around 12-14 inches this weekend. I have enjoyed watching the snow fall from inside a cozy, warm, house. We have spent the weekend drinking coffee and cocoa, watching movies, and playing games. In between these wonderful family activities, I have been working on a scrapbook and reading. I was able to take the girls for a walk in the snow on Friday afternoon. The pond down the street was beautiful. I am not a big fan of driving out in the snow but I am going to try to remember how beautiful my little piece of the world looks today when it is 99 degrees in the shade with 100% humidity in August.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

The snow has been amazing, hasn't it? (Amazing-good or amazing-bad? I'm not sure yet!)

I'm giving away a book on my blog this week I thought you might be interested in...