Saturday, February 6, 2010

52 weeks book challenge

This is my official starting of the 52 weeks book challenge. I thought I would be able to start last week but later realized it was going to have to wait a week. This week I have read two books. (trying to catch up with the challenge) The first book I read was "How to Get Your Child off the Refrigerator and on to Learning" by Carol Barnier. Carol is a homeschooling mom of an ADHD child and offers practical wisdom on teaching these children and recognizing the gift that ADHD is. I really enjoyed this book and felt so encouraged to apply her tactics with our ADHD child. The second book I read this week was "The Broker" by John Grisham. The story centers around a "power broker", Joel Backman, from Washington D.C. who is sent to prison and then pardoned by the President, in his final hour in office. The CIA whisks him away to Bologna Italy, undercover. Without out spoiling the plot, this book is filled with intrigue as you watch Joel become "Italian", while he figures out why he was received a presidential pardon and what he is going to do about it knowing he can trust no one.
It was enjoyed in true Grisham style.

No comments: