Sunday, December 29, 2013

52 Weeks Book Review Wrap Up

Well~ it has been an interesting reading year. To sum up my book reading list I am going use the 52 Book Challenge questionnaire to give you a my year in review. 


1. How many books did you read and did you meet or exceed your own personal goal? I read 33 books this year. My goal was to read 30 books. 

2. What are your Top 5 (or more) stories? Top 5 least favorite?

Top 5
Without a Trace by Colleen Cobel
Beyond a Doubt by Colleen Cobel
Into the Deep by Colleen Cobel
Secrets by Kristen Heitzmann
Unforgotten by Kristen Heitzmann
Echos by Kristen Heitzmann
I didn't have least favorite books. I enjoyed them all.

3. One book you thought you'd never read and were pleasantly surprised you like. Holes by Louis Sachar

4. Most thrilling un-put-downable book.
The Colleen Cobel book series.

5. Did you come across a story you that you enjoyed so much you turned around an read it again or are planning on reading it again in 2014? I didn't re-read anything and probably won't re-read any of these in 2014.

6. One book you thought you would love but didn't.
The Camel Club by David Baldacci. I didn't dislike it but I thought it would grab me from the start but it took a long time to get into it.

7. Which book or books had the greatest impact on you this year? The Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer and The Stress Answer by Frank Lawlis

8. Do you have a favorite cover or quote from a story you'd like to share? 

9. What book would you recommend everyone read? The Debt by Angela Hunt. 

10. What was your favorite part of the challenge? Did you do any mini-challenges? I didn't realize until halfway through the year that most of the books I read were new to me authors. I didn't do any mini-challenges this year. Maybe next year. I enjoyed exceeding my personal goal for this year. 

Here is an index link to each book review from 2013.

1. Lady in the Mist by Laurie Alice Eakes
2. Holes by Louis Sachar
3. Heart's Safe Passage by Laurie Alice Eakes
4. Private Justice by Terri Blackstock
5. Shadow of Doubt by Terri Blackstock
6. Word of Honor by Terri Blackstock
7. Trial by Fire by Teri Blackstock
8. Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyers
9. Line of Duty by Teri Blackstock
10. The Stress Answer by Frank Lawlis
11. Without a Trace by Colleen Cobel
12. Beyond a Doubt by Colleen Cobel
13. Into the Deep by Colleen Cobel
14. A Gift of Grace by Amy Clipston
15. A promise of Hope by Amy Clipston
16.A Place of Peace by Amy Clipston
17 The Debt by Angela Hunt
18. A Life of Joy by Amy Clipston
19. A Season of Love by Amy Clipston
20. Abomination by Colleen Coble
21. A Cry in the Night by Colleen Coble
22. Peter Pan by J. M. Barre
23. Secrets by Kristen Heitzmann
24. Unforgotten by Kristen Heitzmann
25. Echoes by Kristen Heitzmann
26. A Sister's Secret by Wanda E. Brunstetter
27. Search and Rescue by Colleen Coble
28. A Sister's Test by Wanda E. Brunstetter
29. King of the Wind by Marguerite Henry
30. A Sister's Hope by Wanda E. Brunstetter
31. Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin
32. The Camel Club by David Baldacci
33. The Book Thief by Markus Zukas

No comments: