Saturday, December 14, 2013

52 Weeks Book Challenge

 It has been several weeks since I have updated my book reading on my blog. I have been reading just too busy to write about it! I decided to read a book by David Baldacci, an author I had never read before. We picked up several of his books at a library sale a while back so I chose book 1 in The Camel Club series. 
The book introduces four men who are basically conspiracy theorists living in Washington D.C. who meet regularly to discuss their theories about government corruption. During a secret meeting on Roosevelt Island, they witness a body being dropped off. They do a bit of checking and find that the dead man holds a high position in one of the country's security agencies. Unfortunately the murderers track them down and the fun begins. What the Camel Club thinks is a simple murder turns into a mega-plot to assassinate  the president of the United States. This book took me until chapter 27 to really "get into" the story lines. There are many more characters and plot lines than I can even begin to go into. I think I was expecting Baldacci to be Grisham and grab me from chapter one. When that didn't happen, I wanted to give up but I stuck with the book and did get to a place where I couldn't put it down. All in all, it was a good book. 

No comments: