Sunday, July 25, 2010

52 Weeks book challenge

I am still way behind in this challenge and am making an effort to catch up. We shall see what happens by December 31st! This week I found a new author, to me, Anne Perry. She writes mystery series based in the Victorian Era. This week I chose Buckingham Palace Gardens. The detective is Thomas Pitt, who usually enlists the help of his wife Charlotte to help him solve the crime, however being that this murder takes place in Buckhaming Palace he is unable to consult her. Four couples are guests at the Palace because the men are trying to propose building a railroad stretching from Cairo to Cape-Town in Africa to the Prince of Whales. A murder is committed linking the past with the present in a well written mystery that kept me guessing until the very last few pages. I usually figure out mysteries very early in the game but this one really had me stumped for most of the book. In my opinion, Anne Perry could be compared to a modern day Agatha Christie.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I always read Anne Perry, but she kind of bothers me. Everyone in her books is always so prickly and touchy--they get mad all the time! But I read 'em anyway, the history is very good.