Sunday, April 4, 2010

52 weeks book challenge

Well, I am WAY behind in my reading but I am planning on catching up over the summer when the schedule becomes lighter. This week I did read “The Man from Shadow Ridge”. It is the first in a four book series by Brock and Bodie Thoene called the Saga of the Sierras. It takes place in California during the Civil War and centers on the Dawson Family. Brothers Jessie and Tom have a ranch at the foot of Shadow Mountain where they round up and train wild mustangs to sell to the Union Army. The area is plagued by stagecoach robberies which eventually lead to several murders. Then, the fate of two young kidnapped boys lies in Tom Dawson’s hands and he is forced to trust God for their safe return. The book has that old west feel that brings us back to our roots as American’s. It is a wonderful historical fiction. I just started book two in the series so I will let you know next week how that one was.

No comments: