Monday, January 11, 2010

Back to Basics

Well, it has been over 6 months since I updated this blog. My intention is to keep up with this throughout the New Year. We will be graduating Britni in the Spring. Abigail is working in her Five In A Row, learning the phonetic alphabet and learning to write numbers. Today we started back to school after a long holiday break. It was good to get back into a routine. We are studying WWI/the great depression era. I am reading The Grapes of Wrath and A Farewell to Arms as our read-alouds with Britni. I am not sure about recommending these books. I have had to do a great deal of on the spot editing. I guess I chose them because they are supposed to be great classics. I was supposed to read them both in high school but didn't. I am glad I did not read them then. The story line is interesting in both books, so far, but I will give a full review when we finish them.

No comments: