Sunday, January 4, 2009

Morning Time

This past year we added something we call "morning time" to begin our day. We try to start our school day at 9:00 am. Every day we open with a prayer and say our memory verse. I then read a portion of a book series Chronicles of the Kings, by Lynn Austin. We are each memorising a poem which we practice out loud. Then one day we read a page from a H.C. Hollings book, one day we sing the hymn that we are working on that month, one day we just read a poem. This has been an enjoyable way for me to motivate myself to start our day, especially on those days that I just feel like having a movie day. I also think it helps the girls prepare themselves for the tasks ahead. I have also added a daily walk down our short street around 11:00. It only takes about 10 minutes but the fresh air clears our minds and is good exercise for all.

No comments: