Saturday, February 18, 2012

52 Books in 52 Weeks

I have been a bit behind on my reading due to January's end of year tax season! So this post is actually going to have 2 book reviews in it. The first book is Christmas Dog by Melody Carlson. This was a touching story about an elderly woman who lives alone and just despises her back-door neighbor. She is troubled by a sermon she heard at church about loving your neighbor and just knows that the Lord doesn't mean Jack. Out of the blue, a dog shows up in her yard to do his business, how rude! She is sure that the dog belongs to Jack so she brings him "home". In the mean time her step granddaughter, a runaway, shows up on her doorstep for a visit. I won't spoil the ending but it is a great "feel good" read.
The second book I finished was The Witness by Dee Henderson. This is the first book I have read by this Christian Fiction author but I will definitely be reading more of her books. This book opens in a mall where a police officer is summoned to a bathroom where he finds a woman who is shaken up and bleeding. He is led to a jewelry store where he finds a troubling site. This book is just too good to give away any more of the plot. Suffice it to say Henderson weaves a tale with twists and turns that kept me guessing until the end.

No comments: